3/28/07

Jeeps at Havasu.

I had a first last week when I went jeeping with the Total Karnage and
Vegas Valley Jeep clubs..... I was in a 4 wheel rig when it went wheels up!

It was a very slow motion experience. Fortunately the skill of the driver, and his desire to keep his 6 passenger Longhorn in tact got us out of the spot with not a single scratch in the paint. The rig belonged to John and Martha Zerbless (I hope I spelled that right). The trail did no Karnage to their rig.... but I did. I was climbing in while on camera, and the nylon strap handle grip on the roll bar ripped apart when I tried to lift my carcass into the modestly lifted rig. I offered to replace it, but they were such good sports, they wouldn't let me. Thanks J & M, you are the greatest.

During the interveiw, Debbie Woolsey said that a scratch or a dent is a good thing! She called it a beauty mark. I am curious as to what the general thinking is about spending thousands of dollars building a custom rig to climb over impossible obstacles with the intention of beating and breaking it.... I guess that falls into the catagory of.. "You wouldn't understand.. its a jeep thing!"

Is this a sport for the sane?

No comments: