6/22/08

Where in the world are we.

Today, I am finishing up a shoot at the 6th annual Victory Ride. This year's venue has been Moab.... yes a little hot, but nice just the same. Corby stayed home to work on installing hardwood floors in the house. Hopefully we are on the last stretch of our do-it-yourself 2000 square foot addition!!!! Corby looks pretty hot with a floor nailer in her hand. Thanks on that to Dan McCullough, from McCollough Construction for loaning usthe nailer, and our friend Bryan Dowsett for guiding us through the rough spots.

Last night I was talking to a guy who had come to his first Vitory Ride, but had been to several Harley events. I asked him what he thought the difference was. His first reaction was that a Victory Rally was much more laid back and family oriented. But as we talked it became more clear that the real difference is that the Victory Ride is mostly about the riding, not the party. Hundreds showed up, some from as far away as Michigan and Minnesota, just to ride. On home today. I'll give Corby a kiss, say hi to the girls. Check out the floor, and then we're off to the Fillmore ATV Jamboree. We will be there for the opening on Monday. If you are planning to go... we will see you there.

Filed by Chad

2 comments:

oleranger said...

Chad:

Just wanted to let you know that I watched your program of 11/16 and your editorial concerning the Gov's comments on OHV use. Thank you for taking the time to request a response from Gov. Huntsman. In my opinion, he needs to state his position, and if his comments reported in the Tribune were out of context, he needs to set things right with a comment. It is hard for me to believe that he is anti-OHV. But would like for him to clarify his position.

Thanks again for taking this on. You did a great job.

Ye Oleranger

Anonymous said...

thanks for your support in keeping trails open in Utah, I lived in Kanab for 20yrs working for Kaibab Ind. SUWA filed an apeal on timber sales on the Dixie National Forest where we had timber operations even on the dead and dieing Spruce, I wrote letters attended meetings and watched while the timber died and was left standing. it looks bad, and is dangerous.

I currently live in Avondale AZ but spend about five months each yr in Aurora UT where i grew up. I ride trails on my ATV and also ride a mountain bike in Lost Creek canyon three or four days each week, thanks to folks like you that have keept the area open. I hope to run into you some day on a trail, if I can help I would be happy to do so.